Safety, Health & Environment
As a responsible corporate citizen, the Company is fully alive to its responsibilities for protection of the environment and to provide its employees a safe and hazard free work place. The Company has adopted a Safety, Health & Environment Policy that applies to all employees and activities. The work culture encourages total involvement and commitment of the employees to the SHE Policy. Some of the activities carried out during the year are as follows.
- Providing necessary equipment’s and apparatus required for the safe operation of the manufacturing activities.
- Observing the rules and regulations with regard to safety & precaution.
- Consulting emergency control management team to monitor the safety of the plant.
- Conducting regular safety audit.
- Encouraging the workforce to use protective equipment’s and maintain cleanliness.
- Conducting seminars to impart knowledge to employees on safe operations.
- Organizing safety week to create safety awareness.
- Conducting medical health check up for all the employees of the Company periodically.
- Conducting lecture meetings for providing guidance and counseling on matters of health, diet and exercise.
- Conducting seminars to impart knowledge on meditation, yoga and anti-stress therapy.
- Ensuring smooth functioning of the effluent treatment plant with respect to air, water and solid waste.
- Updating the ETP plant to make it more nature friendly.
- Proper monitoring of the pollution levels in and around the plants.
- Planting trees in and around the factory.
- Complying with the prescribed norms of pollution control.