Materiality of Events
I. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
A. This policy is prepared in accordance with the requirements of the provisions of Regulation 30(4)(ii) of the SEBI (Listing Obligation and Disclosure) Regulation, 2015 (“Listing Regulations”). The Board of Directors (“Board”) of Samrat Pharmachem Limited (“Company”) has adopted this policy at its meeting held on November 14, 2015, for determination of materiality of events/information in order to enable the Company to broadly classify, categorize and promptly disclose to the stock exchanges material events/information, in accordance with the Regulations.
II. OBJECTIVE OF THE POLICY
- The Company believes in principles of fair disclosure and transparency and recognises that timely disclosure of relevant information to the shareholders of the Company is important to protect the interests of shareholders of the Company. Noncompliance with the principles of disclosure and transparency can present potential risks to Company including by way of loss of shareholder confidence, noncompliance risks of the various regulations to the Company and may raise questions about the governance practices in the Company.
- This policy on the determination of materiality of events/Information, as required under 30 (4) (ii) of the Regulation is laid down to express the policy of the Company for identification/determination of material events/information which require prompt disclosure to the Stock Exchanges in accordance with the Regulations.
- This Policy may be amended at any time by the Board of Directors (“the Board”) of the Company and is subject to further guidance from SEBI or amendments to or reenactment of Regulations.
III. RELEVANT REGULATIONS
- Schedule III (A)(A), Schedule III(B), Schedule III(C) and Schedule III(D) of the Listing Regulations prescribe a list of events which are deemed to be material events and are required to be disclosed by the Company promptly to the shareholders through the stock exchange by the Company within the prescribed time.
- Schedule III (A)(B) of the Listing Regulations specifies the list of events which may or may not be material to the Company and for which the Company has to apply the guidelines for materiality as specified in Regulation 30(4) in order to determine whether the event is material.
1.Regulation 30(4) reads as follows
“(4) (i) The listed entity shall consider the following criteria for determination of
materiality of events/ information:
(a)the omission of an event or information, which is likely to result in discontinuity or alteration of event or information already available publicly; or
(b)the omission of an event or information is likely to result in significant market reaction if the said omission came to light at a later date;
(c)In case where the criteria specified in sub-clauses (a) and (b) are not applicable, an event/information may be treated as being material if in the opinion of the board of
directors of listed entity, the event/ information is considered material.
(ii) The listed entity shall frame a policy for determination of materiality, based on criteria specified in this sub-regulation, duly approved by its board of directors, which shall be disclosed on its website.”
D. Chapter II, Regulation 4(3) of the Listing Regulation specifies that in the event of any
conflict between the principles specified in the regulation and relevant Listing Regulation, principles provided in Regulation 4(3) shall prevail.
“Chapter II, Regulation 4(3),
(3) In case of any ambiguity or incongruity between the principles and relevant
regulations, the principles specified in this Chapter shall prevail.”
IV. POLICY STATEMENT
A. The Company through this policy intends to determine whether an event or information is material or not in the following manner;
Step 1: Classifying the information or event as i) Having an immediate or likely monetary impact (“Monetary Events/Information”) or ii) Not having any immediate or likely monetary impact (“Non-monetary Events/Information”).
Step 2: For Monetary Events/Information if the total monetary impact of the
event/information on the either the assets, liabilities, expenses or turnover of the Company during the current financial year, exceeds; 10% (ten percent) of the annual consolidated revenues or 10% (ten percent) of the consolidated net worth, whichever is lower, of the audited financial statements of the Company of the previous financial year, then such event shall be classified as material event and shall be promptly, within 24 hours, disclosed to the stock exchanges and shall be simultaneously updated on the website of the Company.
Events or Information that are to be disclosed WITHOUT application of Materiality Guidelines listed in the Policy:
1. Acquisition(s) (including agreement to acquire), Scheme of Arrangement (amalgamation/ merger/ demerger/restructuring), or sale or disposal of any unit(s), division(s) or subsidiary of the listed entity or any other restructuring.
Explanation.- For the purpose of this sub-para, the word ‘acquisition’ shall mean,-
(i) acquiring control, whether directly or indirectly; or,
(ii) acquiring or agreeing to acquire shares or voting rights in, a company, whether directly or indirectly, such that –
(a) the Company holds shares or voting rights aggregating to five per cent or more of the shares or voting rights in the said company, or;
(b) there has been a change in holding from the last disclosure made under sub-clause (a) of clause (ii) of the Explanation to this sub-para and such change exceeds two per cent of the total shareholding or voting rights in the said company.
2. Issuance or forfeiture of securities, split or consolidation of shares, buyback of securities, any restriction on transferability of securities or alteration in terms or structure of existing securities including forfeiture, reissue of forfeited securities, alteration of calls, redemption of securities etc.
3. Revision in Rating(s).
4. Outcome of Meetings of the board of directors: The Company shall disclose to the Exchange(s), within 30 minutes of the closure of the meeting, held to consider the following:
a) dividends and/or cash bonuses recommended or declared or the decision to pass any dividend and the date on which dividend shall be paid/dispatched;
b) any cancellation of dividend with reasons thereof;
c) the decision on buyback of securities;
d) the decision with respect to fund raising proposed to be undertaken
e) increase in capital by issue of bonus shares through capitalization including the date on which such bonus shares shall be credited/dispatched;
f) reissue of forfeited shares or securities, or the issue of shares or securities held in reserve for future issue or the creation in any form or manner of new shares or securities or any other rights, privileges or benefits to subscribe to;
g) Short particulars of any other alterations of capital, including calls; h) financial results;
i) decision on voluntary delisting by the Company from stock exchange(s).
5. Agreements (viz. shareholder agreement(s), joint venture agreement(s), family settlement agreement(s) (to the extent that it impacts management and control of the listed entity), agreement(s)/treaty(ies)/contract(s) with media companies) which are binding and not in normal course of business, revision(s) or amendment(s) and termination(s) thereof.
6. Fraud/defaults by promoter or key managerial personnel or by the Company or arrest of key managerial personnel or promoter.
7. Change in directors, key managerial personnel (Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer , Company Secretary etc.), Auditor and Compliance Officer.
8. Appointment or discontinuation of share transfer agent.
9. Corporate debt restructuring.
10. One time settlement with a bank.
11. Reference to BIFR and winding-up petition filed by any party / creditors.
12. Issuance of Notices, call letters, resolutions and circulars sent to shareholders, debenture holders or creditors or any class of them or advertised in the media by the Company.
13. Proceedings of Annual and extraordinary general meetings of the Company.
14. Amendments to memorandum and articles of association of Company, in brief.
15. Schedule of Analyst or institutional investor meet and presentations on financial results made by the Company to analysts or institutional investors.
Events or Information that are to be disclosed based on Materiality Guidelines listed in the Policy
1. Commencement or any postponement in the date of commencement of commercial production or commercial operations of any unit/division.
2. Change in the general character or nature of business brought about by arrangements for strategic, technical, manufacturing, or marketing tie-up, adoption of new lines of business or closure of operations of any unit/division (entirety or piecemeal).
3. Capacity addition or product launch.
4. Awarding, bagging/ receiving, amendment or termination of awarded/bagged orders/contracts not in the normal course of business.
5. Agreements (viz. loan agreement(s) (as a borrower) or any other agreement(s) which are binding and not in normal course of business) and revision(s) or amendment(s) or termination(s) thereof.
6. Disruption of operations of any one or more units or division of the Company due to natural calamity (earthquake, flood, fire etc.), force majeure or events such as strikes, lockouts etc.
7. Effect(s) arising out of change in the regulatory framework applicable to the Company.
8. Litigation(s) / dispute(s) / regulatory action(s) with impact.
9. Fraud/defaults etc. by directors (other than key managerial personnel) or employees of the Company.
10. Options to purchase securities including any ESOP/ESPS Scheme.
11. Giving of guarantees or indemnity or becoming a surety for any third party.
12. Granting, withdrawal, surrender, cancellation or suspension of key licenses or regulatory approvals.